Re: Mac-style menus

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 12:49:58PM -0400,
Liam Quin <liam@holoweb.net> wrote:
> As for gnome, tear-off menus might be a way to combine the two
> interfaces, and if the window manager could combine the menu
> bar with the window's title bar, lots of people would love you
> for saving all that space.

Mac-style menus and toolbars *do* save lots of space. I don't
know whose hare-brained idea it was to have the menus and
toolbars duplicated in every single window, but i'm willing to
bet it was Microsoft.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
 necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
 going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as
 they fly overhead."
 --RFC 1925

PGP signature