Re: NumLock and Windows key

> So I would assume that X recognises the numberlock key and uses it
> for magic things and cares about whether it's on or off.

Nope. Well, yes, but that occurs at an entirely different level of the
X server.

The problem with the Windows key binding is just that "Num Lock" is a
modifier, so "Num Lock + Windows" is a different key from "Windows" in
the same way that "Meta + Windows" or "Shift + Windows" (or "Caps Lock
+ Windows") is. Yes, this sucks.

One easy way to fix the problem would be to make whatever it is that
does the Windows key menu thing bind to Windows, Num Lock Windows,
Caps Lock Windows, and Num Lock Caps Lock Windows.

-- Dan