Overflow project released

We are proud to announce the first release of the Overflow
(http://freespeech.on.openprojects.net/overflow.html) project, version 0.1.
Overflow is a free (GPL) "data flow oriented" development environment which
allows to build programs by visually connecting simple building blocks. Though
it is primarily designed as a research tool, it can also be used for real-time
data processing. This first release includes 5 toolboxes: signal processing,
image processing, speech recognition, vector quantization and neural networks.

The visual interface is written for GNOME, but there is also a command-line tool
that doesn't use GNOME. Because of the modular design, we hope to have a KDE
version in the future. Screenshots can be found at
http://freespeech.on.openprojects.net/FreeSpeech/html/Overflow/screenshots.html

---

I thought some of you would be interrested, as the library that goes with the
project allows to easily create comlex sound processing/synthesis applications.

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique