Gtk font/style question

Hi,

I'm trying to have a program I'm working on (Balsa) take the user's current
Gtk style font, make it bold, and then use that font in a CTree to
show which mailboxes have new mail.  However I can't figure out a way
to do this.  Although I can get the GdkFont, there doesn't seem to be
a way to get either the XLFD, or perform manipulations on the current
font.  Is there a way to do this from within the Gtk/Gdk framework?

Thanks,

MBG

--
     Matthew Guenther