Re: 3D Gnoming this week

Lauris Kaplinski <lauris@ariman.ee> writes:

> As 3D hardware prices keep continuously dropping, I hope that in nearest
> future high quality 3D graphics are no more luxury for most users.

One quick reminder: it is only recently that laptops are shipping with
3d acceleration.  Unless there's some way to add 3d accel to them,
consider the costs before slowing down apps.  (If there is a way to
add 3d accel to my laptop, let me know!)

For the near future, I'd suggest that any productivity apps allow 3d
as an option, not a requirement.

245 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes, 38 seconds till we run away.
Real Users know your home telephone number.