Re: Frigging Packaging formats useless discussion

Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> > They want to click and be done and they are right. So leave it to
> > software makers to have installers that fit rpm/deb or just rpm for
> > all I care.
>
>         This is 'gnome-devel-list'.  The people on this list *are* the
> "software makers" that you refer to.
>
>         If you don't care, just delete the emails.  But package
> distribution is a very important topic.
>
> --Derek

So read the archives. This discussion is repeated enough to be annoying.

Basic consensus reached after the thread hits gnome-gui proportions:

It doesn't matter, we have to make packages for all the various
distributions and leave a universal package format up to someone else.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill