Re: window-in-window MDI

Hi there...
Cody Russell wrote:

> Your argument works against itself, too.  The feature that may "convert"
> one user (which I find unlikely, but anyway) may discourage another from
> using GNOME; perhaps that person is unaware that it is a customizable
> thing.

Ok, I am hereby marking myself down as in need of "re-education", but I
actually like window-in-window MDI. The thing I like about it is a) your
application windows are grouped, you can kill, murder, maim, destroy,
edit,minimize, maximize, etc. them all together and b) you can see multiple
documents at once. Currently, none of gnome's MDI options offer both of these
at once (one or the other, but not both). Of course, people are welcome to come
up with a better idea... I vote it should stay but be off by default. It's one
thing I still miss from windows after using gnome since 0.30.

=)
Peter