Re: System administration with GNOME.

> > 1. Specify universal config file syntax (xml?). It should also specify
> > in-memory interface (DOM?), CORBA bindings etc.
>
> Definitely a good idea.  This is what I believe Apple is doing with their
> system.  What might be a good idea is to be able to describe a particular
> OS in terms of an XML file.  For instance, you could do something like
> this:

Check out http://arstechnica.com/reviews/1q00/macos-x-dp3/macos-x-dp3-3.html
for a description of the Mac. XML system configuration.  Something in
this vein would be impressive.  It is a little hard to imagine being OS /
distribution agnostic though.

Perhaps a good place to start would be a basic requirements doc?

Adrian