Re: Signal

Cédric PINEAU a écrit :

>         Beginning of the gtk tutorial on www.gtk.org
>         I'm just reading that passage
>

> Hi,
> Where can I find a list of which signal exist, and what they do, when
> I use the fonction :
> gtk_signal_connect (item, signal, func, user_data)

I know there is a list in the Gtk tutorial.
But I can not find what does signal map for example, and when it
is call, or when it can be called.
I have read the complete list of the signal, but, they do not answer
to the question what they do.
For example when you have a MenuItem,
you can have signal activate, or activate-item.
Why should I use activate, rather than activate-item ?
Why can not I use the toggle signal from Misc ?

This is just an example. That is why I want to find a list of all signal
(I have it), with the explanation of how they work (And this I have
not).

Sorry for my english
Florent DEVIN