Gtk spin button.

I have a spin button on a dialog. I am hooking the
activate signal to get the value and destroy the dialog
with :
.
gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (spinb), "activate",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (find_line_activate_cb), dialog);
.
I am geting the value from the spin button with
line = gtk_spin_button_get_value_as_int (spinb)
.
the problem is that the value I am getting is not changed
from the default, unless the user spins the spin button.
So if I type say "2000" and then hit the up key and the down
arrow key to spin it, I will be able to pull the value with
out any problems. If I just type "2000" and hit enter, I will
get the value #1.

Thanks
Chema