Re: Fix del key patch for Gnome-Terminal

On 15 May, 2000 - Alan Shutko sent me these 0.9K bytes:

> Terminals handle backspace and delete (and function keys and a bunch
> of other keys) a lot differently than X applications.  One problem
> with this thing in particular is that there's no clear standard as to
> what the Delete key should send on a terminal.

"Standards are good. Everyone should have one."

As long as you can have the possibility to change the behaviour, I
pretty much think that whatever you choose as default will be wrong in
most cases 8)

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå