GDM chooser

This isn't the gdm list but...

I (and others I have talked to) have failed to get the gdmchooser
to work.  I know there have been some posts about this recently
but none of them seemed to cover the chooser (i.e. -indirect).

Here is the scenario:

I have 3 linux (m1, m2, m3) running gdm with:

[XDMCP]
Enable=1
HonorIndirect=1

with no local servers running.

Then I run:

m1 $ X -indirect m2

This should result in m1 machine being presented with a list
of machines willing to manage X displays (this list should
include m1 itself, of course).  However all I ever get is the
greeter from m2.

Has ANYONE got the gdmchooser to work?
I will start wading through the gdm source unless someone
has a soln.

Cheers,
--
sam clegg