Re: Encoding for gnome-core/panel/panel.hints

George <jirka@5z.com> writes:

> On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 06:50:18PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > We just have to get a good UTF8 editor up and running. ;-)

I'd vote to convert "normal" encodings to UTF8 with recode while
building the "master file".  This way the translator isn't forced to
change the editor.

> Well still.  I think many people would still want to use their favourite
> editor.  I don'tthink supporting both in the future is a huge deal.  In fact
> dividing by language makes more sense.

Yes, that will be even better.

But we'll nee the ID thingie to tie together the original and the
translation for translating purposes.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o