Re: Encoding for gnome-core/panel/panel.hints

George <jirka@5z.com> writes:

> It is a bit too late to change this for this release.

Yes, of course.

> So nowtofigure out a way to make apps that install a single .hints
> file and apps that would install many depending on language work
> correctly.  I guess gnome-hints when it finds an xxx.hints file could
> first see if $LANG/xxx.hints exists before reading it in.

Yes, sounds like a way to go in the future.  And the master file should
add timestamp attribute ("changed") and perhaps an id to every single
hint:

<GnomeHints>

  <Hint id="panel1" changed="2000-05-22">
    To end your GNOME session, click on the foot
icon to open the Main Menu and select 'Log
out' from the 'Desktop' submenu.</Hint>

</GnomeHints>

And I'd like to see the ASCII markup replaced with XML markup:

<GnomeHints>

  <Hint id="panel1" changed="2000-05-22">
    To end your GNOME session, click on the foot
icon to open the Main Menu and select <GUIItem>Log
out</GUIItem> from the </GUIItem>Desktop</GUIItem> submenu.</Hint>

</GnomeHints>

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o