Re: Problem getting gnome-hello compiled

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Jan Dittberner wrote:

> As I mentioned in my previous mail I did reinstall the
> gettext package and solved my problem, but if I do a
>
> make uninstall
>
> after installing the program it also uninstalls the
>
> /usr/share/gettext/intl/*
>
> files which I think is not good

then don't run make uninstall :)

You can try to get Ulrich to include a fix, but you probably won't have
too much luck.  There are a number of long standing problems in
gettext-0.10.35 which he hasn't fixed yet, and I don't know when he will
make a new release.

> Jan

James.

--