Theming old Netscapes with "-xrm 'Netscape*background:#ffd600'"

After much web surfing & finally resorting to
"string netscape | grep" I figured out how to change
netscape's background color.

   netscape -xrm 'Netscape*background:#ffd600'

Now, is there an easy way to figure out the current gtk
theme's default window background color and convert it to
a hex triplet?

Then we could start up netscape from gnome-moz-remote like this:

    argv[0] =
gnome_config_get_string("/gnome-moz-remote/Mozilla/filename=netscape");
    int i=0;
    if (!strcmp("netscape",argv[0])) {
       argv[++i] = "-xrm";
       argv[++i] = "Netscape*background:#ffd600";  /* mangled for the
appropriate color */
    }
    argv[++i] = escaped_url;
    argv[++i] = NULL;

 I love Saturday morning cartoons, what classic humour!  This
 is what entertainment is all about ... Idiots, explosives
 and falling anvils.     -- Calvin and Hobbes, Bill Watterson