Re: Theming old Netscapes with "-xrm 'Netscape*background:#ffd600'"

Sun, May 21, 2000 at 11:32:27PM -0700 Scott Heavner wrote:
> After much web surfing & finally resorting to
> "string netscape | grep" I figured out how to change
> netscape's background color.
>
>    netscape -xrm 'Netscape*background:#ffd600'
>
> Now, is there an easy way to figure out the current gtk
> theme's default window background color and convert it to
> a hex triplet?

What you want, I think, is already done, and much more extensively. The
program grdb applies current Gtk+ theme to all Motif (X?) apps, so Netscape
looks good and similar to the Gtk+ apps. Current version even can change
fonts. Especially works well with plain (not pixmap) themes.

You can find it at:
http://bucket.pp.ualr.edu/~bit/grdb.html

--
menesis  -=-=-  Gediminas Paulauskas  -=-=-  ICQ #24859336