Re: Canvas change in gnome 1.2 (helix)

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:

> Raph has new libart rendering framework, which should (by my knowledge) be
> able to render graymaps to rgb(a) buffers. Hopefully it find its way to
> gnome-libs as soon, as it is stable enough.

Pure greymaps aren't going to be enough - it needs to be able to apply a
colour using the greymap as an alpha channel.  It would be nice to be able
to copy an rgb pixmap using a greymap as the alpha channel too.

What I am puzzling over is which is the prefered pixmap - art_rgb or
gdk-pixbuf.

njh
p.s. I will sort the code out later.  Gotta go out today.