new behavior with gnome-libs 1.2.8

Hi all,

i just upgraded my gnome wih helix-update, getting gnome-libs-1.2.8,
and when exiting, my application behaves differently than
with gnome-libs-1.2.4.

My app. both has a gtk window and an applet, like gnomeicu.
When the user wants to exit i used to do gtk_main_quit() and
the applet terminated at the same time.

Now, i get a popup saying
"your applet appears to have died unexpectedly. Reload this applet ?"

Note that you can get this message if you shutdown gnomeicu with
the window menu "ICQ->exit".

My question is : what is now the clean way to terminate an applet ?

Thanks.

--
/* Stéphane Genaud                                      */