Re: new behavior with gnome-libs 1.2.8

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Stéphane Genaud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i just upgraded my gnome wih helix-update, getting gnome-libs-1.2.8,
> and when exiting, my application behaves differently than
> with gnome-libs-1.2.4.
>
> My app. both has a gtk window and an applet, like gnomeicu.
> When the user wants to exit i used to do gtk_main_quit() and
> the applet terminated at the same time.
>
> Now, i get a popup saying
> "your applet appears to have died unexpectedly. Reload this applet ?"
>
> Note that you can get this message if you shutdown gnomeicu with
> the window menu "ICQ->exit".
>
> My question is : what is now the clean way to terminate an applet ?

This would probably be caused by an upgrade of gnome-core, rather than
gnome-libs.  Code was added to try to catch applets crashing and ask the
user if they wanted to restart them.

You may be able to fix the problem by calling applet_widget_remove() on
your app's applet when exiting.  This way, it won't just look like the
applet died.

James.