Mousewheel and GTK/GNOME widgets

I have noticed that there is a great inconsistency in GNOME and GTK in
general with repsect to the mouse wheel.  Some widgets respond to these
events in the expected manner, but about an equal number do not respond at
all.  The real confusing thing is that one of the standard list widgets
respond to the mouse wheel, while the other does not.  Is there any work
underway to improve this situation, in which case I would be happy to help
with it.  If not I would like to start working that out.

In any case I would like to know whether I should work with code from CVS, or
can patches to release version be forward-ported to CVS?

--
Geoffrey Reedy                                       vader21 imsa edu

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
				-- DECWARS