BerkeleyDB-2.x autoconf

I am working on keeping an archive of Gnome precompiled
executables for Solaris-X86, and am trying to make the
code work out of the box as much as possible for Solaris
without the hacks that I have to do to make it all work.

I am currently trying to work on gnome-libs and a few other
packages which use BerkeleyDB, but the lookups never work
the way I expect.  If someone who is more versed at writing
autoconf could help me out with a couple of things I can
add to aclocal.m4 to look for the BerkeleyDB libraries and
includes, I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben