Re: BerkeleyDB-2.x autoconf

La plume légère, à Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:18:08AM -0400, heure d'inpiration,
Ben Taylor écrivait en ces mots:
> I am currently trying to work on gnome-libs and a few other
> packages which use BerkeleyDB, but the lookups never work
> the way I expect.  If someone who is more versed at writing
> autoconf could help me out with a couple of things I can
> add to aclocal.m4 to look for the BerkeleyDB libraries and
> includes, I would surely appreciate it.

Actually, you don't want to do it that way. The aclocal.m4 file is
autogenerated by the aclocal command. To generate it, aclocal scans
configure.in to know which autoconf and automake macros it needs.
So what you are actually searching for stands in
/usr/share/{autoconf,automake,aclocal} instead.

Refer to the autoconf documentation for more details.

A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.