Re: thoughts on gtk, after Hexsweeper

Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net> writes:

> <quote who="Owen Taylor">
>
> >  - Don't use C; In my opinion, C is a library programming language
> >    not an app programming language.
>

> ...which begs the question.

Well, knowing Liam's background, I was, of course, suggesting
using the Postscript bindings for GTK+.

Regards,
                                        Owen

[
  Actually, the language bindings I tend to promote most are
  gnome-python. Perl's another candidate, as would be guile,
  Ruby and a few others.

  For compiled languages, the field is slimmer; the Ada
  bindings are will-maintained, but, ugh, Ada...  I'd like
  to see a nice set of native Java bindings that work with gcj.

  But in any case if I can get away with it, I prefer to avoid:

   - segfaults
   - memory management
   - excess typing
   - configure, compile, link