Re: Process Tree

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> "Loris Santamaria" <loris cantv net> writes:
> >
> > So, it is a bug or a feature?
>
> Uh... I think it's something that doesn't make any difference at
> all. ;-) Maybe an operating system issue...

It could make a difference if you're sysadmin on a host with too many
users and you're trying to find out what started particular process.
And how to stop it (or whatever) from doing it again.

It would be nice if processes which are not daemons didn't act as one.
If the described behaviour is intentional, then it's probably coded
that way because of session management and I don't know which issues
forced the decision.

--
 .-.   .-.    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.