Re: gsu (Was Re: More Political Stuff)

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote on 31/08/2000 (11:00) :
> There's a big reason Debian never did the digital signatures, which is
> that it tends to take on a responsibility/liability that most
> volunteers won't be willing to take on.
>
> Do you want to be the person that promises "yes, this is safe" and
> gets threatened with lawsuits if it isn't?

I think that going after a solutions where the themes have to be made in
a certain way not to be a security risk is the wrong end of the stick.
One should rather concentrate how to make it impossible for the themes
no matter how they are made to be a security risk.

--
Preben Randhol - Ph.D student - http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/
"i too once thought that when proved wrong that i lost somehow"