Re: gsu (Was Re: More Political Stuff)

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> writes:
> I think that going after a solutions where the themes have to be made in
> a certain way not to be a security risk is the wrong end of the stick.
> One should rather concentrate how to make it impossible for the themes
> no matter how they are made to be a security risk.

That would mean implementing engines in something other than C, which
would mean an embedded lisp interpreter in GTK or something. ;-) You
can't sandbox C.

If you use non-engine themes, this is already true I would expect
(they can't do much beyond maybe segfault an app by exploiting known
bugs in image loaders).

Havoc