Re: Several comments on panel, nautilus and evolution

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 04:29:14PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Well this is still an issue with apps like the panel where I don't actually
> > control the number of items (if the user installs too many apps, or edits
> > their menu or whatever).  For normal apps this is definately not a problem.
> > I have it on my immediate todo to do "something" for GNOME 1.4 regarding
> > this.
>
> The obvious something is to fix GtkMenu ;-) Ask Owen what's up with
> it, there are various patches lying around.

Yes it would be an obvious thing to do.  But I'm interested in this to be
there for sure in GNOME 1.4, and that's why I added a hack for this in the
panel.  The panel is in fact the place where it's most needed.  If this issue
is solved in GTK 2.0 it would also be very good.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Examine what is said, not who speaks.