Re: GTK emebedded

Mike Palczewski <mpalczew u washington edu> writes:
> Does gtk handle the windowing or is there a window manager? How Does the
> frame buffer thing work regarding the managment of windows? Or is it only
> one window at a time. Also what handles the fonts?  Freetype?

If you use the small X server you get multiple windows, obviously. The
framebuffer port only supports one window at a time (well, I think you
can have popup dialogs, but no window management, the dialogs have to
be modal and fixed in place). I'm not sure about the nanox backend.

Pretty sure the framebuffer backend uses freetype, but I don't know
definitely. Have a look at the code in CVS should be pretty obvious.

Havoc