Bad libwww detection

Hi all,

While building gtkhtml-0.6.1 and I run ./configure I get the following
error:

checking for libwww... ./configure: !: not found
found (5.3.1)
checking if libwww has zlib support built-in... no
                                                ^^
configure: warning: libwww should be built with zlib support to be
usable by the test program.
configure: warning: Your libwww does not seem to have zlib support.
configure: warning: `testgtkhtml' will not be built.

This is not the case - libwww was definitely built with zlib support.

Also - the ./configure: !: not found is worrying...

Can this be verified?

I am building on Solaris v2.6.

Regards,
Graham