Re: Bad libwww detection

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 12:26:13PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> While building gtkhtml-0.6.1 and I run ./configure I get the following
> error:
>
> checking for libwww... ./configure: !: not found
> found (5.3.1)

This problem has been fixed in the CVS version.  It appears to have
been a Bourne shell programming typo.

> checking if libwww has zlib support built-in... no
>                                                 ^^

This also appears to have been fixed in the CVS version, at least the
check has been removed.  The main problem appears to have been that it
relied on GNU grep syntax for the test, which behaved differently on
Solaris.  (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, this is just at a glace.)

Aron

--
Aron Griffis
Tru64 UNIX Platform & Kernel