ANNOUNCE: PonG (used to be GnoP) 0.2 released

PonG 0.2 has been unleashed unto the unsuspecting world.

What is it?

PonG is a preference box builder for gnome.  It works and relies on GConf,
and can work with glade optionally.  It will handle all the internal stuff
of building the dialog and updating with the gconf database.  All you have
to handle is notice changes on gconf keys.

Once you have your XML file, the usage can be quite simple:

  #include <pong/pong.h>

  pong_init ();

  pong_run_simple_dialog ("foo.pong");

This is a development release only, but the whole thing should API stabilize
quickly as I intend for there to be a stable release soon after GNOME 1.4.
The API WILL change for the next release but not too dramatically.  I already
use it in Grapevine and plan to use it in my other projects.  It already does
about 80% of what most applications will ever need and then some.

I may even write up some docs on the beast too, for now docs are as follows:
"look at the example source", but it's rather uncomplicated for 99% of apps
which will use 3 or 4 functions from the library at most.

So where do I get this marvel of modern technology?

http://www.5z.com/jirka/pong.html
ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/pong/

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do