Re: Need volunteers to coordinate extra apps release for GNOME 1.4

Hello Maciej,

On 22 Sep 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> 1.4. While GNOME 1.4 would be kept to the core desktop and development
> platform, this extra distribution would contain other useful apps,
> things like Gabber or Gnumeric or Dia or GnuCash, and also deprecated
> but still supported things like gmc or gnome-pim. These applications
> will be certified as reasonably useful, and tested with 1.4.

	An excellent idea which is sure to increase the efficiency of the
release process.

> GNOME 1.4 release coordinators, will provide whoever volunteers with
> advice and help coordinate this with the 1.4 schedule.

	I would very much like to volunteer for this. While I do have
loads of enthusiasm and drive, I am not a "veteran" and so, likely to
learn a lot really. If that's okay with you, then you can depend on me.

> It is helpful, but not critically necessary to be a GNOME developer to
> do this task. You certainly don't need to be a "core" GNOME
> developer. Good communication skills are also a huge plus.

	Well, I definitely am a GNOME developer (one of Gnome Basic's
authors) and I believe I have good communication skills. And certainly
willing to learn a lot :-)

> (assuming there is more than one candidate :-). If you want to do it
> as team of more than one, please send mail as a team.

	While I don't have a team, I would be happy to work in a group.

Regards,

Ravi

-------
"Never mind, my friend, if the world finds you queer:
 Just do your own thing !"

	Ravi Pratap M       <ravi_pratap email com>
	              <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>