Re: Self Help (1)

On 09 Aug 2001 12:05:00 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Before submitting any code I must read existing sources and it's very hard
> > because tab size != 8 spaces in my editor and you mix tabs with spaces in
> > indentations.
>
> I am going to offer you a solution for your particular environment:
> De-tabify, and retabify.  Does seem pretty simple to me.

we could set up some keen things like the enlightenment guys had.

what they did was on check in, it ran indent on the code to get the
"correct" indentation for code in cvs.  on check out, the code was again
run into indent in the way that developer wanted it.

this could be done without any changes to the cvs scripts, just a simple
nautilus preference (which would only be available to expert users).
nautilus could monitor the files, and run the indent script you place in
your scripts direcory on files that are updated.

we could use gconf for the indentation style, so when you change it,
indent automatically gets run on all of your checked-out files.

although if you are using a network fs'd home (like afs) this could be a
problem if you are running nautilus twice with different settings.  but
nobody uses afs any more anyway.

jacob
--
"OOH!!!  Look at me!!  I'm Jacob Berkman!  I have a witty .signature
 that nobody fully appreciates but myself!!"  -- Anonymous