Re: [Patch] libzvt totally broken for fontset, hence CJK.

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> They are crufty hacks, and they make everyone in Eastern Europe whine
> a lot. (Because people in 8-bit locales frequently do things Wrong and
> try to switch between languages by changing font rather than changing
> locale.)

That would be because there's a lot of applications which do things Wrong
and don't react to locale change. Besides, Unix locale model is not
capable of supporting several locales in one application, so the only way
to achieve that effect is to cheat with fonts.

--
 .-.   .-.    I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had
(_  \ /  _)   about you.