Re: filesel dialogs

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 10:26:26PM -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Damn, that thing rocks, from the screenshots.  I doubt it could end up
> being considered the "standard" file selector for GNOME apps for 2.0,
> tho, hrm?
>
> Sean Etc.

The question should arise if the new file-selector doesn't become the standard for 2.0 as to why? In an open source environment, *theoretically* their are no impediments to the best code bubbling to the surface (darwinian development). If it doesn't bubble, whos stopping it?

I agree with the sucky nature of the gnome file selector.

One of gnomes probs as I see it is it doesn't follow the release early release often. Thus the bugs aren't getting squashed. Thus the great code is getting overlooked.

Ego is ugly and the G in GNOME stands for GNU.

Kind Regards

Crispin