Re: No check for xpm.h in gnome-libs configure

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> I just wasted an hour with a failed build of gnome-libs-1.0.55 on a
> NetWinder, because xpm-devel wasn't installed.  There is no check in
> configure.in for this file, so it fails far into the build.  I looked at
> the latest in CVS, and there is still no check.  Either that or it's
> non-obvious.  If there isn't one there, one should probably be added.
>
>       Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator

Sorry to hear about your hour that disappeared (snicker).  I've been
working on gnome-libs for three weeks now.

I'm not sure why you're trying to compile 1.0.55, when 1.2.11 is the
latest stable release, as of January 31, 2001, but that's neither
here nor there.

When I configure 1.2.11, I see the following:

   configure:2689: checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm
   configure:2708: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused  -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/i
   nclude -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X/include -L/us
   r/local/BerkeleyDB/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lgli
   b -lXext -lX11 -lsocket -lm conftest.c -lXpm  -lsocket -lnsl -pthread 1>&5

>From my limited knowledge, I think that -lXpm would need to find it's header file,
or the configure statement would fail.

Do you concur?

Be well,