GConf problems: help is needed

Hi all

I am trying to move GSwitchIt from gnome_config_XXX API to GConf and I
have some problems with the latter.

Basically, applet listens to the configuration changes and capplet
changes the configuration. I studied the docs and examples but could not
understand what's my mistake.

I suspect some problems with ORBit authentication. When I start the
applet from the command line for the first time, I see 3 warnings:

ORBit-WARNING **: Request drop_all_caches, ID -1073744624 was rejected
by the authentication mechanism!

ORBit-WARNING **: Request update_listener, ID -1073744704 was rejected
by the authentication mechanism!

ORBit-WARNING **: Request update_listener, ID -1073744704 was rejected
by the authentication mechanism!

I am sure it is gconfd which gives these warnings on startup. I noticed
that if I launch the applet when gcongf is runnning, I do not get these
warnings.

Also, when the capplet tries to notify the applet, both get the
following warnings (a lot of):

ORBit-WARNING **: Request notify, ID -1073745488 was rejected by the
authentication mechanism!

ORBit-WARNING **: Request ping, ID -1073744756 was rejected by the
authentication mechanism!

So the GConf notification does not work.

I use ORBit 0.5.6 (Helix RPMs), oaf 0.6.2 and GConf 0.12 (Evolution
snapshot RPMs).

What's wrong? Could anyone please explain/comment the situation.

Thanks,

Sergey