Re: idea: special menuitem in MenuBar of each gnome application

Vlad Harchev wrote:

 So, apps won't become inconsistent with respect to this menuitem as long as
they don't link to gnome-libs statically.

Well, it depends what kind of customizations you're talking about - it sounds like you're talking about the ability to change the layout of the application's user interface.

In which case I was thinking more that applications may become inconsistent as a result of possible over-customizations. One could probably argue that a really well designed user interface *shouldn't* be changed by a user... I understand that you want to add the menu item capability at the gnome-libs level, but what if doing so simply doesn't make any sense for a certain program? Many small apps such as those in gnome-utils and gnome-games instantly spring to mind...

Regards,

Lee.