Re: tasklist alert

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "John Harper" <jsh eazel com> writes:
> > However, I don't know if (m)any applications actually set this bit..
> >

> GTK 2 and Qt 3 will probably have API for it, so in the future more
> apps that set it might appear.
>
> Havoc

Ah, so this feature is already being worked on?  What about the tasklist
support?  I'm trying to get into GNOME development (like I've added
docklet support to GAIM and TCD, although I don't know if the GAIM patch
will be accepted, and I don't know where to send the patch for TCD...
maybe I should check the AUTHORS file... ~,^  ).

I thought adding this feature to the tasklist would be nifty after
talking to one of my friends in GAIM who uses the Windows IM client, and
it's windows' titles flashed in the Windows start bar, so I thought it'd
be nifty to have.  Anyways, the point is, I'm trying to find small, not
overly complex 'issues' with the GNOME that I think would be good to
correct/add/whatever.

If the tasklist applet hasn't been updated and I where to add the
feature, should I base my patch against the HEAD branch in GNOME CVS
(something I'm not eager to mess with, since I rather enjoy a working
installation.  ^,^) or against the latest stable release?

Thanks,
Sean Middleditch