Re: Transactions/"journaling" in Gnome?

Petr Tomasek <tomasek etf cuni cz> writes:
> (I don't mean only config files: with GConf & libdb backend this  should be,
> I guess, no issue. But what about general file saving. Should this go
> somwhere to gnome-vfs)?

Well both GConf and bonobo-config do this properly I think, so no
problem on configuration. There's no need to use the libdb backend,
plain GConf also won't lose data.

For generic API, it is pretty much just "save to temporary file, then
rename" - there's not a lot else to it. Except what to do when it
fails, I guess, which would have to be app-specific.

Havoc