Re: Canvas shortcomings

Hello!

I have an humble suggestion:

Let's forget term GnomeCanvas completely for given discussion. It only
generates confusion whether we are talking about drawing API, or
system of display graph objects. After all current GnomeCanvas is
GtkWidget, so it is by definition bound very tightly to certain
graphic system.

Let's have something like:

Gnome2DDrawContext - universal drawing context
Gnome2DDisplayGraph - display graph system

So the function would be:

gnome_2d_display_graph_draw (Gnome2DDisplayGraph *dg,
                             Gnome2DDrawingContext *dc);

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski

/.../