Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

James Henstridge wrote:

> > > And it will also result in at least one fewer Gnome user.  Me.
> > >

> > And me. :-).
>
> Why should you care what language a useful tool is written in?  For many
> tasks, there is no noticable speed or CPU usage problems when choosing a
> scripting language.  Often these languages let the programmer write
> shorter programs that are less likely to have bugs in them.  Why is this a
> bad thing?

Well, I think it doesn't matter in which scripting language the tool is
written.
The languages were designed to suit perticular domain of programming
task. If it weren't, don't you think there will only one programming
language?

So IMO, it doesn't matter what language a programmer chooses, as long
as he/she chooses the right one.

Imagin writing a multithread FFT (fast fourier transformation) program
written in perl or lisp. And imagine writing a database search and replace
program in C.

--

Regards,
-Naba

If you notice that a person is deceiving you, they must not be
deceiving you very well.