Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Naba Kumar wrote:

> Well, I think it doesn't matter in which scripting language the tool is
> written.
> The languages were designed to suit perticular domain of programming
> task. If it weren't, don't you think there will only one programming
> language?
>
> So IMO, it doesn't matter what language a programmer chooses, as long
> as he/she chooses the right one.
>
> Imagin writing a multithread FFT (fast fourier transformation) program
> written in perl or lisp. And imagine writing a database search and replace
> program in C.

FFT works very well in Lisp, if you choose a lisp that is designed for
speed and use the compiler. CMUCL works fine.

/Andreas

          ** the choice of a GNU generation **

SF-fan and tea drinker. Beware!       e-mail: ante update uu se
=========== Make a choice, protect your Freedom! ==============