Re: Gtk widget + canvas problem

On 21 Mar 2001 16:25:07 -0500, David J. Topper wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround for the following problem.
> When placing a generic Gtk widget on a Gnome canvas, then moving it,
> signals stop getting sent to the widget in question once it's moved
> beyond its original area/location.

That sounds similar to a problem I was having recently with
GnomeCanvasGroups.  It turns out that moving a GnomeCanvasItem with
gnome_canvas_item_set(item, "x", new_x, "y", new_y, NULL) is not the
same as a gnome_canvas_item_move(item, dx, dy), so if you're using the
first form, you might wish to try the second.  If that doesn't do it,
I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about will pipe
in ;-)

--
There is no spoo.