Re: Difference between ORBIT and Shared Library ?

On 23 Mar 2001 01:21:53 +1200, Franck Martin wrote:

> Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>
> > Franck Martin wrote:
> >
> > > Difference between ORBIT and Shared Library ?
> > >
> > > I'm trying to understand the difference between ORBIT and a shared library.
> > > What are the advantages/disavantage of using CORBA against a shared library
> > > and its .h file for linking?
> > >
> > > I'm getting a bit confused on the issue.
> >
> > CORBA is a framework to make Client/Server applications. Here are some links
> > with
> > further information:
> >
> > http://cgi.omg.org/corba/beginners.html
> > http://www.omg.org/gettingstarted/
> > http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > - Dietmar
>
> Ok, I have read some of the doc, the closest I found was a doc about gda which
> was a library wrapped around corba.

are you talking about libgda, part of the gnome-db project (www.gnome-db.org)?

If so, what you're saying is not correct. gda is not a wrapper around
corba, it is a wrapper around the GDA CORBA interfaces, which are part
of gnome-db. So it does not wrap CORBA, it wraps a set of CORBA
interfaces.

cheers

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/