Re: Difference between ORBIT and Shared Library ?

I have downloaded the source code of gnome-db, and it is very interesting. This is
the kind of stuff I want to do. However I'm sceptic about the CORBA stuff.

Ok, the IDL creates CORBA C code, which then gets compiled in a library. But it
seems that the client code still needs the .h from the orbit-idl to learn about the
corba procedures that can be run. Why is that so? Theoritically corba interface
should be able to be called by querying a corba service at run time? Secondly how
does the distributed/network part of corba works through a library.

Is it that the multilanguage part of corba is uniquely done by producing language
biding via the IDL spec?

I'm still confused, and there is no good doc out there, the examples are too
simple...

Cheers
Franck