time for gnome-print-0.28? (was: Re: Final package deadline for GNOME 1.4)

On 27 Mar 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

 Hi,

 gnome-print-0.27 as shipped with RC1 contains a bug that prevents printing
jobs with more than 1 page (problem not seen in print preview - only in
postscript generation code).. This bug is already fixed by me in CVS in
appropriate branch.

 So, may be it's time for 0.28?

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is a reminder that the final due date for tarballs for GNOME 1.4
> is this Wednesday, Mar 28, at 12:00 Pacific Time.
>
> The GNOME 1.4 Release Team has decided not to add an RC2 cycle, but we
> will hold the final 1.4 release until April 2 on the recommendation of
> Greg and Leslie, the PR coordinators for this release.
>
> The expecation for the final release is that most packages will not
> need or want to change rekativce to RC1. Therefore, we will assume all
> packages should be the same as in RC1 unless we hear otherwise.
>
> If you have a package for the main release that needs changes, please
> follow the following procedure:
>
> 1) Doc and translation updates are automatically OK. If that's all you
>    changed, please let us know when you send mail.
>
> 2) If your updated package has code changes, please send pointers to
>    bugzilla bug reports (any bugzilla out there is OK) that describe
>    the bugs the changes fix. If there are no existing bug reports,
>    please create them retroactively and mark FIXED. This is critical
>    so the release team can properly evaluate the need for and risk
>    imposed by the changes.
>
> 3) Send mail with all this information and an indication of the
>    package and version to <gnome-1 4-release-team gnome org>. Please
>    make sure to send to the release team list, not directly to me, so
>    we can all review this information, and split the work of staging
>    packages.
>
> Let me know if you have any concerns.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maciej