Re: gtk+-1.2.10 should be in gnome-1.4 (was: Re: Final package deadline for GNOME 1.4)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Karl Gaffney wrote:

> If we make this change we're going to need a lot more time to properly
> test that this change doesn't cause any gtk+ related regressions.

 It seems that the changes are pretty localized and can be tested in 10
minutes. Also I'm running current cvs version of gtk and haven't found any
problems with it (and indeed it fixed at problems in gtk-1.2.9).

 I'd recommend trying to cut & paste text with accented characters (in upper
half of iso-8859-1) with gtk-1.2.9 (at least under XLib from XFree86-3.3.x) -
it's very likely that it won't work at all (!) - this means *all* cut & paste
operations will fail for anything but ascii making *all* software unusable!
Cuting and pasting of russian is surely broken -  I didn't test it for
latin1 so I don't know for sure.