Re: ANNOUNCE: grapevine 0.1 "The flying sheep" released

On 2001-05-04 15:47 Michael Rothwell wrote:

> This really would rock. I would love to say goodbye to the
> focus-grabbing dialogs that programs put up when they have something
> "important" to tell me.

I don't really understand your enthusiasm: If you want to modify an
application to use grapevine, you could as well fix it and remove
focus-grabbing code  (or perhaps just modify your window manager
settings; you can ask sawfish to show the dialog boxes on the current
desktop). I guess the point is to queue notifications so one does not
get ten separate dialogs scattered all over the screen but gets them
sorted by their priority. Am I missing something?

(of course, I welcome all the projects that increase GNOME usability).

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa theochem kth se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202